Remote | Columbus, OH | FAR | Full Time
Please apply by sending your resume to Branch Careers.
Branch was founded with a mission to restore insurance back to its original intent - a force for communal good.
As a fast-growing startup, Branch is in need of passionate, hardworking, and tech-savvy individuals to assist with business growth and development at every level of the company. Branch is searching for talented individuals from diverse backgrounds to shape the future of Branch through meaningful and engaging opportunities.
As we like to say around here: we’re getting back to getting each other’s back. And it all starts with a totally reimagined way to sell home and auto insurance.
There’s a lot of work to do - that’s where you come in.
About the Accounting Analyst role
We are building our finance team. That means, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, get-it-done, team-driven, experienced Accounting Analyst to help us grow and grow with us.
Our Accounting Analyst is someone who:
- Has interest in learning, building out and owning Branch’s accounting functions
- Has some knowledge and prior experience in finance, accounting, data and technology, and can point to opportunities where they used automation tech to improve accounting processes
- Has strong project management/juggling skills
- Enjoys managing projects and engages in work with others with empathy
The role will be primarily focused on supporting the system operations and design for Branch’s GAAP and Statutory accounting, facilitating audits, and supporting the development of automated processes within the department. The person who ultimately fills this role will wear many hats and will need to roll up their sleeves to be strategic while performing hands-on tasks. This is an opportunity to shape a function within a rapidly growing company, learn a broad range of skills rapidly, immersively, and make an impact in a huge market.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Analyst Role
- Orchestrate and manage GAAP and Statutory accounting and reporting, including preparation and delivery of Annual and Quarterly regulated filings.
- Support and manage external audit
- Provide significant contributions to the automation of accounting processes using Branch technology and data analysis tools.
- Lead various ad hoc accounting projects, primarily focused within month-end-close, statutory compliance, and partnership support.
- Accounting experience, insurance experience a plus; Likely have a BA/BS in Accounting or similar training.
- Likely a CPA or has a similar background
- Comfortable with SQL, with experience with Python, Alteryx, or other data manipulation languages as a plus.
- Functions well in ambiguity, preferring to be empowered and supported rather than have days laid out.
- Enjoys achieving and helping teammates achieve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and like to be a part of a team
More about Branch
You will also be eligible for Branch’s growing benefits program which currently includes:
- Health insurance
- A $150/mo contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA), administered by Branch
- A $200/mo commuter and parking expense reimbursement, or up to $75 home office internet expense reimbursement
- Managing your own time off (no paid time off program, allocation or fixed days off)
- Immediate participation in Branch’s 401K with profit sharing potential.
At Branch, we are deeply committed to community. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.