Member Support Specialist
Remote | Columbus, OH | Service | Full Time
Please apply by sending your resume to Branch Careers.
Branch was founded with a mission to restore insurance back to its original intent - a force for communal good.
As a fast-growing startup, Branch is in need of passionate, hardworking, and tech-savvy individuals to assist with business growth and development at every level of the company. Branch is searching for talented individuals from diverse backgrounds to shape the future of Branch through meaningful and engaging opportunities.
As we like to say around here: we’re getting back to getting each other’s back. And it all starts with a totally reimagined way to sell home and auto insurance.
There’s a lot of work to do - that’s where you come in.
About the Member Support Specialist role
Establishing and maintaining a sense of community for Branch’s members is paramount. Each interaction that members have with Branch should be held to the highest standards resulting in a positive resolution for all inquiries and needs. The Member Support Specialist is the most consistent touchpoint for Branch’s memberele and is the standard bearer for our mission of creating and building community-based insurance.
- Possesses a Property and Casualty Insurance license
- Is passionate about taking ownership, solving problems independently, and getting results
- Is tech savvy, detail-oriented, organized, and flexible
- Is curious, thoughtful, and can think through and address various problems in parallel
- Loves connecting with people and has a solid track record of strong relationships
- Is able to wear multiple hats and is a master multi-tasker
Branch’s Member Support Specialists are primarily focused on interacting with existing members to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services, as well as to handle and resolve complaints.
Responsibilities of the Member Support Specialist Role
- Provide easy and low effort policy servicing experience to members via inbound and outbound phone calls, chat, and email
- Understand our member needs to ensure they have proper protection and present additional options to fill coverage gaps as applicable
- Serve as a billing expert and help make the process effortless for the member
- Keep detailed records of all member interactions
- Serve as first level underwriting for all written policies
- Continually provide feedback to the rest of the Branch team to make our member experience better
- Be the face of Branch to our members. Know them, meet them where they are, be attentive to their needs, and do what’s necessary to help them.
- Current Property & Casualty license required
- 1-3 years previous Customer Service experience required
- Advanced ability to multi-task within Google products, remote collaboration tools, quote / bind platforms
More about Branch
You will also be eligible for Branch’s growing benefits program which currently includes:
- Health insurance
- A $150/mo contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA), administered by Branch
- A $200/mo commuter and parking expense reimbursement, or up to $75 home office internet expense reimbursement
- Managing your own time off (no paid time off program, allocation or fixed days off)
- Immediate participation in Branch’s 401K with profit sharing potential.
At Branch, we are deeply committed to community. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.